Friday, December 30, 2011

Unboxing: December's Luxe Box


Luxe Box (by Loose Button) is a monthly beauty box subscription service, where each month they deliver 4-5 deluxe-sized samples by luxury brands, in a pretty little box. It's one of the four beauty box subscriptions in Canada; there is also Loose Button, Top Box, and (just recently) Glossybox.

Here's my December Luxe Box.



Contents

DDF Advanced Firming Cream - sample size (full size 48g/$140)
Moroccan Oil Original Oil Treatment - deluxe sample size (full size 100ml/$41)
Prada Candy - 1.5 ml (full size 50ml/$96)
Prada Infusion D'Iris 1.5 ml (full size 50ml/$95)
Lise Water Plumpissimo le Gloss - sample size (full size 6.2ml/$20)
Loose Button chocolate coin

Impressions

Considering this was my first box, and a holiday box at that, I wasn't that impressed. The only item I ended up using was the Lise Water gloss- very pretty color and felt nice and moisturizing against my lips.

What I disliked the most were the perfume samples; while I'd much prefer make-up samples to perfume, I don't quite mind receiving samples since I'm rarely at the perfume counter. However, I don't feel these 1.5ml sample sizes would be considered deluxe beauty samples. Or maybe I'm more disgruntled because I didn't care for either scent...or maybe because the items I got this month seem rather lackluster compared to what other people received in their December box.

I gave the Moroccan Oil and DDF cream to my sister. I don't feel I need any anti-aging cream...yet.

Will I continue my subscription?
Yes. I decided I'll give it another 1-2 months before deciding to discontinue or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment