Thursday, March 29, 2012

Unboxing: March's Luxebox by Loose Button

I got my Luxebook  last Friday, but have been a bit preoccupied to post.
Here's the goods!




Contents of the box
1. Cargo triple action mascara - 4.5ml sample (full size is $20/8.87ml? ) = $10.15
2. Glitter top coat eyeliner - full size sample received? It doesn't say so on the card, but according to Dermstore.com, the full size item is 2.8 ml which is what I received...so I'll assume so? = $18.00
3. Loose Button Myscent
- CK one Shock for Her 1.2 ml sample (full size 50ml/$45) = $1.08
- Vera Wang Lovestruck 1.2 ml sample (full size 50ml/$79) = $1.90
- Marc Jacobs OH LOLA! 1.2 ml sample (full size 50ml/$79) = $1.90
4. JR Watkins Hand & Body lotion - 29ml sample (325 ml/$10) = 0.89

Total approximate value
 $33.92

Impressions
I was pretty satisfied with my box. I received the First in Line e-mail which notified me a day advance that members could reserve a product (unlike last time where there was no advanced notification). I was slightly worried I wouldn't get the item I wanted since I was in Vegas at the time, but had no issues reserving on my blackberry. It's possibly because I chose the Cargo eyeliner vs. eyeshadow (I have too many shadows, so didn't want another one). I read later that many people had some technical difficulties with reserving the shadow on the site.
The card that came with the box didn't specify what quantity the full-size glitter eyeliner is, but based on another website it looks like I received a full sized item. Score! I'm actually quite impressed with Cargo's line so far. I received the Cargo LashActivator in a previous box and it really made a difference on my eyelashes (nice and full, no clumping, but it was a bit heavy) so I'm glad to have a chance to try out some of their other products.

I actually liked all the perfume samples that I received...which is a first!!! So I'm happy. I think I like the CK Shock  for Her the most. Has a citrus/fruity scent.

Have yet to try the hand & body lotion but I've seen this brand around at Shoppers Drugmart. It contains 99% natural products, so it has a herbal scent, but I don't mind it too much. Will just add it to my growing lotion collection. I also received a coupon for $1.00 off any JR Watkins product at Shoppers.


Will I keep my subscription?
Yes. I'm about 99% sure I will be canceling my Glymm box though.

No comments:

Post a Comment