Friday, March 30, 2012

Unboxing: March's Glossybox (Canada)

Today, I received the (very much) long awaited March Glossybox.
One of their initial promises upon launching in Canada (debuting in February) was to have the boxes delivered by the beginning of each month, but from day one, this had never occurred.
It was a little annoying (infuriating?) that they never met this promise, and furthermore upsetting when they kept dodging the actual shipping date for the month and never publicly told its members that there would be a shipping delay until a couple weeks into March. Finally they apologized for the delay and provided a reason (waiting for one of the products to clear customs) and they finally decided to alter their original shipping policy to basically say they will charge and send the monthly subscriptions at varied times of the month (which honestly, its competitors have somewhat done the same anyhow).

So suffice to say, subscribers were definitely looking for an amazing box this month to make this wait worth it! Was it?





Contents
1. Bailey Cosmetics Fresh Lip Gloss - full-size received = $28.00
2. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion - 71ml sample (354ml/$11.99) = $2.40
3. Evian Facial Spray - small retail size received (50ml) = $7.00
4. Pandora's Box Blush St.Tropez - full size received ? = $18.00
5. Sebastian Re-Shaper hairspray - small retail size received (43g) = $19.95
*bonus Algemarin Foam bath - 1 sachet (15ml) (full size is 750ml/$23.95) = 0.48

Total approximate value
$75.83 

Impressions
I'm pretty happy with everything I've received and am looking forward to trying everything out (so far, I haven't tested any of them).
At the very least, Glossybox has been holding true to its 5 deluxe sample (and more) promise.
The only product I've tried from the box (previous to receiving) was the Aveeno lotion. It used to be my everyday body lotion before I switched, so it's still a good one, and definitely a decent size. I'll probably take it traveling.

Also, normally I wouldn't care for the hairspray, as I am pretty hopeless with doing my hair (it's frustrating, and I can barely spend more than 5 min on it without going crazy). But I recently bought a curling iron. And my hair is straight and it seems impossible for it to hold a curl, so I know I'll need a crapload of hairspray to keep any curls (if I manage it) in place...so this will be handy.
Now, I just need to learn how to work a curling iron (it has a Marcel handle, not very smart for the uncoordinated like me).

Will I keep my subscription?
Yes. Despite having some issues (as with most new companies), I think it will eventually be ironed out and based on the last two boxes, I believe the company is staying true to its 5 deluxe item promise + putting out quality products/brands each month, which is what matters the most.
(Also, I've already canceled my Glymm box, so April will be my last month of receiving it). This makes me feel a tad better now about all my beauty subscriptions.


Do you think this month's Glossybox was worth the wait?

2 comments:

  1. hi! so i did try to hairspray and yes my hair felt really soft but i found that it didn't really do the job for me. by the end of the night, my hair was almost completely straight. or perhaps it's my new hot air styler thing i got. i'm still trying to figure out how to use it!
    i know exactly what u mean about getting frustrated with doing your hair! i have a lot of hair so my arms already get tired whenever i put my hair up!
    also if you're into trying new curling irons, maybe look into a one that is clampless? i found it pretty easy to use

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, when I eventually did figure out how to curl my hair, the curls seemed to hold up pretty well with the spray, but then again I didn't wear my hair styled for the whole day, maybe about 6hrs before showering/sleeping.

      I should have done more research into curling irons before I bought + types of handles. But I was watching this youtube video with this girl who had these fantastic curls so I spontaneously went and bought the iron she used...not realizing how much dexterity comes into play, lol. I managed not to burn myself (badly) :P

      Delete