Thursday, May 24, 2012

Unboxing: April's Glossybox (Canada)

Woopsies, I've been a bad bad neglectful blog writer/owner/person .
I have excuses though!
One being, no one really reads this anyway...so no one to disappoint!
And two...I went on a beautiful 7 night Caribbean cruise, and as soon as I got back, had to throw myself back into full-time school mode...ugh.

But the morning/night I got back (a week into May, since both "April" boxes weren't received until beginning May) I had both my Glossybox and Luxebox boxes waiting for me on the table (unsubscribed to Glymm starting this month), and despite my exhaustion, I was pretty eager to open them. My Luxebox review will come later this week.

I never fail to be disappointed with Glossybox's packaging. It comes in a light pink, sturdy, cardboard box with a simple logo on the front (and more logos on the interior side), but it's not loud and can be easily used for other projects/used to place a gift in, while still being tasteful. The pink ribbon, tissue paper, and confetti used is a thick weight, so could also be re-used. Same with the simple black envelope (also thick weight) used to place the note/product information. However, I think the envelope is a bit unnecessary, so if Glossybox chooses to be more green, they could get rid of it. At the least though, the envelope isn't sealed and has no logos on it, so again, can be re-used.

Anyhow, enough gushing...let's get to the box!



 


Contents
1. Aveeno positively radiant daily moisturizer - full size given (120ml) = $22.99
2. Elizabeth Grant skin care shower gel - full size given (240ml) = $20.00
3. Wella brilliance conditioner - sample 30 ml (full size 250ml/$13.99) = $1.68
4. Wella brilliance treatment - sample 25ml (full size 150ml/$13.99) = $2.33
5. Marcelle Xtension plus mascara- full size given (9ml) = $12.50
*extra Marcelle BB cream beauty balm - 1ml sample (full size 45ml/$22.95) = $0.51

Total approximate value
$60.01

Impressions
Holy cow!
I immediately loved this box.
Partly because of the 3 full sized items, but mostly because I was so excited to try them out!
My initial thought was...where was this Aveeno moisturizing SPF lotion when I needed it on my trip?? I desperately needed one, especially with SPF, but at least I have one now.
I am already familiar with Aveeno brand and own a few of their lotions (also received a body lotion sample from Glossybox last box!). I started using the moisturizer the day after, and so far, I really like it. It has a neutral scent and keeps my dry skin moisturized from morning to night. I haven't broken out, so that's a good sign!

I only used the Elizabeth Grant shower gel twice; the scent I received is Exotic Apricot. The scent isn't my ideal, but it isn't chemical smelling at least. It also foams up decently with a loofa. I will probably continue to use it, but doubt I'd want to purchase it when I run out.

The mascara is not my favorite. It doesn't have any noticeable length or curl as the product advertises, and is slightly clumpy. A miss for me.

Still have yet to try the other items, but I have to mention again that Wella hair products smell delicious. I was first introduced to them in my February Glossybox.

Overall I think Glossybox has been consistently good and have yet to be disappointed with the quality of their boxes; from the packaging (pretty, sturdy pink box with minimal logo; plain black envelope; all items that can easily be used for other things) to the deluxe (and full sized!) products/brands themselves. Worth the $15/month subscription.

I am pretty excited for my May box, hopefully will receive within the next week!

4 comments:

  1. welcome back!
    :) and i am a reader! hope you had a great time on your cruise. i received almost the exact same except my shower gel was a vanilla scent - not a huge fan of it either.
    i love the aveeno moisturizer! i think i've been using it everyday since i received it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for reading :p Ive been using the moisturizer everyday too! Ive been starting to sorta enjoy the gel, the smell is growing on me, but the lid is irritating because the last thing I want to do in the shower is twist and turn it...squeeze...then put it back on. hahaa

      Delete
  2. I haven't used the Marcelle yet - boo if it doesn't do a good job. I've yet to find a mascara that rivals my Great Lash!

    What islands did you visit on your cruise? Sounds like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interested to see what you think of the Marcelle mascara! I've still been using it everyday, since I have no other mascara to use right now, lol. My lashes tend to uncurl a lot with this mascara.


      Went to Labadee, Haiti; Falmouth, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel, Mexico.
      It was my first cruise and I loved it...heaven is close enough of a description, compared to the rainy, muggy weather over here! If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend it. Grand Cayman was my favorite...the water is beautiful, light aqua, very clear, and full of sea life!

      Delete