Friday, June 1, 2012

Unboxing: May's Luxebox by Loose Button


I was surprised to see this rather large box in my mail a few days ago as there was no notification of shipment, but was glad I got it before May ended.
The last time I saw this type of box was in January, where it included a bonus Bath & Body box...upon opening it, I saw that there was yet another Bonus Bath & Body box, in celebration of Mother's Day.
Which is sorta late since its been over 3 weeks past...but anyway.











Contents

1. Essie nail polish (in Navigate Her) - full size = $8
2. Orlane active hydration body care - 7ml sample (full size 250ml/$105) = $2.94
3. Paco Rabanne - Black XS L'Exces for her  - 1.2 ml sample (full size 50/$74) = $1.78
4. Paco Rabanne Black XS for him - 1.2ml sample (full size 50ml/$56) = $1.34
5. Goldwell dual senses color shampoo and conditioner - 10mlx 2 of each shampoo/conditioner samples (shampoo 750ml/$28 and conditioner 750ml/$32) = 0.75 + 0.85
* bonus card for $20 off any signature line at Panty by Post

Bonus Bath & Body box:
1. Gilette Venus & Olay 5 blade razor (handle + 1 cartridge) - $14.99 (as per Well.ca but that one comes with a shower hook)
2. Olay regenerist wrinkle revolution complex = $4.20

Total estimated value
$34.85

Impression

I laughed when I opened the Bath & Body box. I'm not sure if I've started to just become more green, but I thought a separate box just to put the razor and cream was a bit overdone/killing trees; at the very least they didn't put any extra packaging or cards in the box like back in January.

I always love to see nailpolish...especially Essie! This is the 2nd month in a row I got Essie polish from Luxebox, which I appreciate! (Reminds me that I never got around to posting my April's Luxebox unboxing...oopsies...)
Unfortunately the color (Navigate Her - a light green minty color? Hard to explain, but the picture is semi accurate. A bit lighter in the picture) isn't a color I'd purchase for myself, but I'm hoping it'll grow on me.

Otherwise though, this was sort of a meh box for me (even with the bonuses), mostly because I don't think I  received the "4-5 deluxe sized" sample luxe products promised.

It also seems like some of these items I've received before from previous Luxeboxes, such as in January when I got the same Olay sample (although this box, it is considered a bonus).
Also, I had to look twice at the Paco Rabanne Black XS L'Exces for her as I received a Black XS sample back in January as well, but apparently the L'Exces is a newly launched perfume of the Black Excess line? and also costs more money.


Right now, I think Glossybox has won me over in terms of make up boxes (expect my May review to come soon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment