Saturday, February 25, 2012

First card post!

I started to become interested in card making back in 2008/2009; mostly after discovering Michaels and after tagging along with my sister to various craft and scrapbooking stores.
I spent tons of money on supplies; but when it came to trying to design something I often hit a creative block (seriously; I probably made 10 cards over a period of 3 years).
After finishing school and after recently discovering (and investing) in copic markers + Penny Black stamps (cutest stamps, ever!) + twine, I figured I should probably put some of my supplies to good use and start making some cards.

While I find card making fun, it's also a bit exhausting.
I'm quite picky and if I don't think even 1 thing matches, then I end up redoing a card even if I was almost done constructing it.
Or other times I'd get so tired trying to think of a design (even after browsing for hours getting inspiration from card designers) that I'd stop before I've even really started (sad!).
Two weeks ago I managed to pump out 4 cards in a day.
Then I got tired. And took a long break. I managed to do 1 card/day the last few days but then I got worn out/out of ideas.
It's fun because for some challenges there are specific layout/instructions to follow; ones that I would never have though of on my own.

Here's my submission below (it reminds me of the beach and Hawaii!):


Penny Black Party Time stamp colored with various Copic markings; Cricut for the sun + waves; Prima flowers; Twine; anddd you can't really see it, but the circle is embossed with Tiny Flowers by Sizzix Texturz
Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely card chick. The papers you used are so pretty. Thank you for joining us this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge. Hugs, Dawny P :)x PS welcome to the land of blog chick xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Dawny :) I appreciate it!! And thanks for hosting such great challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, enjoy your new blogging experience! Thanks for joining us at 2 Sister's!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Looking forward to doing more challenges :)

      Delete
  4. welcome to blogland...we are so happy that you chose to join in the fun at Penny Black Saturday for your very first challenge and we love your gorgeous take on nat's sketch
    hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kath!! :) I can't wait to join in on more! <3

      Delete