Monday, February 27, 2012

Unboxing: February's Glymm Box

So, despite my shipping concerns in my previous Glymm posting, my Glymm box arrived (self note: Canada Post tracking information is not always up to date. Stop checking it 5x/day).
It was shipped Feb 17th, and received today, Feb 27th. Pretty long wait (in addition, Glymm was a week late in sending out boxes).
Anyhow, I received not one...but two boxes!! Not a mistake though.
I was all euphoric last month with my Glymm box, and was getting caught up with my Glymm store purchases (had to redeem my discount & freebie vouchers!), that I decided to buy an extra box.
Not completely sure why...but...oh well, hindsight is 20/20.




 This awaited me as I took off the lid. Ack. Ribbon malfunction.
Box A: Why's that bronzing papier all bent up??



Box A

Box B: This box was packaged much nicer

Contents of Box A
1. Sula Natural Creme Shadow in He Loves Me - full size given 0.15oz = $8.00
2. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm (award winner) in Hibiscus- full size given 4.25g = $7.99
3. GlamGlow Tingling and Exfoliating Mud Mask - 7ml sample (full size 50 ml/$78.00) = $10.92
4. Mai Couture 2-1 Oil blotting/bronzing papier- 2 sheet sample (full size 100 sheets/$24.00) = $0.48

Contents of Box B
1. Sula Paint & Peel in Naked - full size given 11ml  = $9.00
2. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm (award winner) in Rose- full size given 4.25g = $7.99
3. GlamGlow Tingling and Exfoliating Mud Mask - 7ml sample (full size 50 ml/$78.00) = $10.92

4. Mai Couture 2-1 Oil blotting/bronzing papoer- 2 sheet sample (full size 100 sheets/$24.00) = $0.48

Total Value
Box A: $27.15
Box B: $28.15

Impression
Sorta satisfied.
Yes, got 2 full sized samples this month, which is excellent. But were the samples all luxury brands? I don't know much about Sula; but I never considered Burt's Bees as one.
Also, just because we got full sized samples, it doesn't cancel out the fact that we never received "4-5 deluxe sized samples". If anything, I'd say we got 3 deluxe samples (with 2 being full-sized).
I find it quite laughable that 2 measly sheets of bronzing papier would be called deluxe sized, especially priced out at 0.24/sheet.

As for the items themselves, I was stoked that in both boxes, I got a variation of 2 of the products.
I got the Sula creme shadow, which I was hoping for, in a beautiful pink tone. I've read that other people got regular shadow and it did not have much pigmentation. After trying to apply some of the creme shadow my skin, it came on very very sheer and all that's really visible is some sparkles, so I would not purchase this.

The Sula Paint & Peel nailpolish is an interesting concept; no nail polish remover required to remove, simply just peel away. It also does not contain the big bad 3 toxins. The unfortunate thing is that it came in "Naked" which is a tan color that would be wonderful as a foundation, but not so much as a nailpolish. Another miss for me.

I probably enjoyed the tinted lip balm the most out of all Burt's Bees products I've tried.
The tinted lip balm in "Hibiscus" has a light berry scent which is not overpowering; has a subtle color that looks nice on my lips; and my lips now feel soft and moisturized.

The GlamGlow mud mask contains volcanic rock, French sea clay, and green tea leaf pieces.
Sounds enticing, but the samples are very small; I've read people could only get 1-2 applications from it (which isn't really enough to decide whether to buy an item or not). Since I have 2, I should be able to judge it a bit better. Almost hard to believe this is "deluxe sized" but based on the retail size in comparison, it's believable. It came with a Glymm offer to buy full sized for $50 from the regular price of $78. Good deal, but still pricey. But could be worth it if the results are remarkable!

Will I continue my subsciption?
I was supposed to make a decision. If anything, I'd probably cancel Glymm over Luxe Box, but I decided it can't hurt to see what's in my Glymm box next month...so...I'm not cancelling any of my boxes! Haha.
I'm so weak.

4 comments:

  1. It's good that the sula and burt's bees were different in each of the boxes. I have Sula's paint and peel and it gives good colour but I find that instead of 'peeling' I end up chipping it off instead. I like the neutral colour you got though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty unfortunate about the polish :(
      I'm not a fan of the color because it blends in with my skintone, so I feel like I'm wearing my skin color on my nails... very strange haha.

      Delete
  2. hey! i had the same experience as CityGirl with a Sula paint and peel polish. even if i was able to start peeling it off, it would break off quickly rather than peeling off the whole nail polish in one piece. Sula's packaging is really pretty but i can't say their products are very good.
    and is it seriously 1 sheet for the bronzing papier thing? i received 2 sheets of the blush papier (which is definitely not enough either), but they were really stuck together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad...I want to like Sula (I didn't mind their lipgloss) but it's hard to when they don't meet expectations. Did the nail polish seem to last a few days at least, before chipping/peeling?

      Went to double check & yes, looks like I got 2 sheets also. When I first opened it, I thought it was just some protective backing. Still not deluxe sized enough. Oh well. Maybe next month will be better? Hopefully...

      Delete