Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A post about Glymm. And unreasonable things.

[Okay, this is just a rant.
And just a disclaimer...in no way, shape, or form, am I affiliated with Glymm. Just my opinion.]

Many people were a bit upset when Glymm recently decided to disable their Facebook wall; I admit I was a bit too because I found that was the only way to read other members' suggestions/comments/concerns.

After some thinking, I don't blame them!! People can be so ridiculous!
Glymm's reason to close the wall? "Individual queries on our Facebook Page are difficult to track and therefore limit our ability to answer your questions effectively and efficiently".

1) I believe this is a very legitimate reason, however I honestly think it's dumb of people to expect a reply from the company when people solely contacted them via the wall. Were those really people's expectations?? Seriously? I know social media is one of those new ways to get in contact with the community but I don't think this should be an expectation of a company.

2) I remember seeing plenty of people asking questions repeatedly when it was asked and answered in previous posts...I'm sure that wasn't annoying/frustrating or anything...

3) I'm sure they also suffered a lot of negative feedback. Some were legitimate, such as people complaining about late shipping (they were 1 week late this month), missing products, or not receiving deluxe samples (which is one of the major points of service that Glymm clearly advertises). Some were not so legitimate. Really, complaining that you didn't like the color of your full size eyeshadow/lipgloss/eyeliner/nailpolish?? Right, because they are going to start catering to everyone's color preferences...I'm sure that wouldn't be super time consuming or anything!! Seriously, this is only a $10 box. The amount of personalization is only going to be so limited and it's reflected in the price of the service.  I wouldn't want bright blue eye shadow either but some people like that sorta thing; I'm not going to fault Glymm for it.

Or complaining that the product you received didn't work/you got an allergic reaction/ or you simply didn't like it?? The whole purpose of the subscription is to introduce you to products you may not usually buy to test it out before buying the full size items...it's not a guarantee you will LIKE it or that your body won't suffer a reaction! Everyone reacts differently to products; that's out of Glymm's control.

Or how about complaining that Glymm isn't sending jellybeans anymore??? Many people acted angry/nagging/annoyed at its sudden disappearance. Yeah, it was kinda neat to get a small bottle of jelly bellys in each month's box. This was an EXTRA. It was never promised in their terms of service that this was going to be a monthly thing, so why should they be expected? I bet Glymm wishes they never sent them to begin with.

Oookay.
So in other news, I am a bit sad panda that in addition to Glymm being 1 week behind in shipping, my box was supposedly shipped on Feb 17th but not actually processed (i.e. received by Canada Post) until Feb 21! Sigh. Expected delivery date...Feb 28th.
I've already peeked (obviously) at what others have received. I'm pretty sure that battle of trying to decide to discontinue Glymm versus Luxebox is much more obvious.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well i had a lot to say, but it appears the rant i was going to go on was 'fixed' :)

      Delete