Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Unboxing: February's Glossybox Canada

After a long day at work, it was nice to come home to this in the mail!

Glossybox is yet another monthly beauty box subscription service that has made its way to Canada (had originated in the UK but they have expanded); February was their debut box. When I heard about it, I began researching products people had gotten from them in the UK and subscribed immediately.

I was at first put off because they stated they would begin shipping February's box at the end of January; but later after people questioned them on their Facebook page, found they delayed shipping until one week into February.
That's fine, I just thought that for their debut in Canada they would keep to their promises and not be politicians about it ;)






The box is very sturdy, and as such, has great uses for later :)
I admitted in previous posts, I am not very patient and so of course, I looked up many other reviews/unboxing of this month's box as I was waiting for it to arrive to me in the westcoast, so I had a good idea I knew what I was getting.

Contents
1. Essie nail polish in Neo Whimsical - full size given = $10
2. Ahava mineral body lotion - 40ml sample (250 ml for 28.00) = $4.48
3. Prevage anti aging moisture cream spf 30 - 7 ml sample (50 ml for $160)= $22.40
4. Wella brilliance shampoo - 50ml sample (300 ml for 13.99) = $2.33
5. Elizabeth Grant moisturizing stick - 3.5 g (5g for $12) = $8.40
BONUS: Beauty So Clean cosmetic sanitizer mist 8 ml (125ml for $15.99)= $1.02
BONUS: Beauty So Clean cosmetic wipes - 4 (48 pack for $12.50) = $1.04


Total estimated value
$49.67
 



Impression

Well, despite being put off initially, I'm very happy with my box because I will happily use each and every item!
I know I'm lucky to get the Essie polish; press boxes included the nailpolish so many people expected the same but did not receive them due to variations. I'm also impressed because Glossybox had an option for subscribers to not receive fragrances for those allergic + the shampoo was for my hair type also...so they definitely do cater to you  based on your beauty profile.

The lip moisturizing stick is wonderful. I carry chapstick with me wherever I go, and this felt really nice and moisturizing and was lightly scented like faux watermelon (don't care for the scent but it isn't overpowering).  I just ran out of chapstick too, so it's perfect timing, haha.

The shampoo is delicious smelling; has a fruity scent reminding me of Pantene/Herbal Essences so I can't wait to try it out. I have gotten Ahava cream previously in a Glymm box, so I am happy to see it, as it is moisturizing, although I dislike the smell of it (I can never have enough cream on my hands...they were washed probably 100x today and are dying for some moisture). And the anti-aging cream I will try as a moisturizer (I need a new one) but I highly doubt I would buy a full size retail version due to the cost.

Also can't wait to try the bonus items. I work in a hospital, so I think the whole wanting to sanitize and be all anti-germy is a given ;)

**Edit: Just went to apply some Ahava lotion and thought I'd mention; Glossybox gave a 40 ml sample versus Glymm, with a 20 ml sample. Definitely think the "deluxe" promise is with Glossybox at the moment.
Woops, was pointed out the Ahava samples were different; Glymm was a hand cream; Glossybox's a body lotion. Oversight! Anytime I get a cream/lotion I consider it for use on my hands only. I literally have over 20 creams/lotions; only one do I ever use on my body...everything else is reserved for my eighty-year-old-hands-stuck-on-a-20-something-year-old-body.

Will I continue my subscription?
Yes! Once I get my Glymm and Luxebox this month, I will have to make a decision to cancel one! Hopefully it will be an easy enough decision to make.

If you got a Glossybox too, what did you think?

8 comments:

  1. The Ahava cream in this box is a body lotion and not a hand lotion like the Glymm box sample... hence why it is a bigger size sample.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was just going to say, usually hand cream samples are small because let's face it, you don't use a lot of it on your hands!

      Delete
    2. Ooh, thanks for pointing it out. And unfortunately, it's the opposite for me; I use hand cream 20x more a day than I use body lotion. My hands end up dry in an hour after applying creams even if I haven't needed to wash my hands...they are that bad! I'll end up using the Ahava creams on my hands for this purpose.

      Delete
    3. I'm the same way! I use hand cream a thousand times a day, body lotion is reserved for after bathing lol

      Delete
  2. couldn't help my notice you got a nail polish. hehe. AND an essie one at that! lucky you :) i didn't subscribe fast enough to get the Feb Glossybox but will be getting one in March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. er .. "but notice" was what i was trying to say

      Delete
    2. Yes, I certainly felt lucky! First nail polish from any of the subscriptions ever. I was pretty happy with them this month, so hopefully that same feeling will continue for our future boxes :D

      Delete