Thursday, February 23, 2012

Unboxing: February's Luxebox by Loose Button

Luxebox delivery! This month, they collaborated with Flare in creating the box. I noticed that there were quite a few variations of this month's box. See below for details on what I got...


 





Contents
  1. pureDKNY Verbena by DKNY perfume - 7 ml sample (full size 50 ml /$80 or 100 ml/$105) = $7.35
  2. Dermalogica Microfoliant - 13g sample (full size 75g/$72) = $12.48
  3. Cargo Lash Activator - sample size, but amount not listed, I'll guess just below 1 ml (full size 11ml/$35) = $3?
  4. Redken Color Extend Shampoo + Conditioner = 6 samples x 10 ml each = 60 ml (full size shampoo 300ml/$15 or conditioner 250 ml/$17) = $3.54
  5. $25 off purchase of $75 or more at dealuxe
Total estimated value
 $26.37 not including the $25 dealuxe card (likely will not use it)

Impressions
Well. The first word that comes to mind is "meh".
Luxebox delivered their promise of 4 deluxe samples.
However, I was disappointed with the contents, especially after peeking at what others had received (e.g. someone had gotten dermalogica + moroccan oil + benefit bronze highlighter + Mereadesso body balm; others received full size China Glaze polish + variations of the above).
But I think that's just the repercussions of being a bit too nosy + having preferences for the above versus what I got.
I know last month's box was pretty varied for many subscribers too. I actually lucked out because my friend traded me my full size Pur minerals powder for her full sized Benefit Powda Wowza! Awesome friend or what??
Overall, I think I'm borderline satisfied this month.

Product reviews wise... I have yet to try any of them except the perfume.
The Dermalogica microfoliant and Lash Activator I will use for sure within the next day or two. I don't have colored hair so will probably use anyway/give away the shampoo/conditioner. As for the perfume itself...I'm not crazy on the scent. It is citrusy and fresh but doesn't really stand out for me.

Will I continue my subscription?
It's going to be a toss up between Luxebox and Glymm this month. I said I'd try to discontinue either of these...um...we'll see. I might need another month to decide...hehee...suggestions, anyone?

My friend in the same area got the same products as me. Almost wonder if similar areas got the same items! Curious as to other people's thoughts on their Luxe Box?

2 comments:

  1. hey! i just opened my luxe box like two minutes ago and popped in here to compare.
    got the exact same things as you - guess that's what the west coast got hey?
    i also was not really impressed with the box, and now even more saddened by the news that other people received a benefit product, moroccan oil or china glaze NAIL POLISH?? (i've been crossing my fingers for that) :(
    completely agree with discontinuing with either Luxe box or Glymm. more likely Glymm for me though. to me Luxe box has a bit more variety. and they have some surprises like last month with the extra box, and this month with a "Flare" box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so strange, I wonder if that's how they really decide to package items or if our beauty profiles are just similar to one another? :\

      I agree...I think I'm just a bit happier with Luxebox also, versus Glymm. Epecially looking back at the previous boxes we've received, I think Luxe is a tad better with sending deluxe and "luxurious" samples and I agree I like that they do try to switch it up a bit with surprises and such.

      Delete